Monday, February 28, 2011

Iran participates in the Olympics?

Just from the title I'm sure many of you are just as shocked to hear they participate in the Olympics as I am. Just as a quick background, Iran first started participating in 1948 and since then has won a total of 48 medals, all in wrestling, weightlifting and taekwondo. Its no surprise they havent won anything in the winter Olympics because im pretty sure they dont even get snow and if you see any pattern there, its that they excel in activities that lack athleticism.
Anyways, Iran has won a total of 11 gold medals (4 in weightlifting, 5 in wrestling and 2 in taekwondo). In my short life span I have won just as many championships and individual honors across 3 sports (5 baseball championships ranging from: minors, allstars and highschool, 1 Tournament MVP and 1 best fielder in a tournament, 3 Soccer championships [2 intramurals, 1 middleschool league championship] and 1 Volleyball championship [most dominating force QU has ever seen- Wild Bill]. I could try to compare myself to their silver medals too, but the point is Iran isnt really relevant in the Olympic world which is why I was surprised to hear they were offended by the 2012 London Logo.


Iran's higher-ups are upset because the logo looks like the word 'Zion'. Maybe if I Jigsaw'd the logo and had some form of dyslexia it would spell that, but seriously! Iran should more or less bitch that its just an ass ugly logo. Maybe London should change the logo to say a racial slur to give Iran something to bitch about. Does anyone really care that Iran is boycotting? I know I dont. 

No comments:

Post a Comment